• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Tested positive

Hello,

I hope you are well. I am sorry about your diagnosis. It is hard to accept it, but please know you are a clean and wonderful human being, you just have a common virus.

Many people with herpes are asymptomatic for their entire lives. Others have the virus, and may have visible outbreaks their entire lives. 

This makes us wonder, "Well, can be flip back and forth between being asymptomatic and symptomatic? Or are we one or the other?"

Honestly, I am not 100% sure on the answer. (Can anyone help me out!?).

However, what I would assume is I think you can still have outbreaks that show symptoms in the future, however because your first contact with the virus/when you contracted it was asymptomatic, you may be more likely to be asymptomatic in the future.  

Sorry I do not have an exact answer! I would ask a doctor if you can, or another friend on the forum may have a better answer!

Stay well. Everything will be okay! 🙂 

Blessings,

Grace

• Like 1