• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Changing their mind

So I had to do my first disclosure with the woman I was talking to I was nervous as can be. I told her and she looked at me a goes is herpes even a big deal these days and accepted me for it and she decided she wanted to be in a relationship and we disclosed it on Facebook and we spent more time together the next day in which she met my daughter. We had been talking for months beforehand. Sunday morning comes alone and she is fine until she goes to her friends house in which I believe she broke my trust and told her friends because then I get a text telling me she had changed her mind a day and a half later. I don’t know how to feel about this 

• Like 1

Hello!! 

I am so sorry. That is just terrible. Meeting your child and then ending things over text is just wrong!! Please know you didn't deserve that and this shows who she is, not who you are. The way people treat us I a reflection of THEM. 

It seems that maybe her friends pressured her to end things and we're being judgemental. But the thing is, even if some people don't understand HSV, it shouldn't influence someone to end things. Peer pressure can be uncomfortable, but the right person would stand their ground and not waver just because their friends disagree with their choices of a romantic partner just because they have HSV. 

Stay strong!! You deserve someone way better than that person. Hold you head high and be kind to yourself. It will be okay!! 🌄

Blessings,

Grace

• Like 1

Hey man, I had this happen to me too. It really sucks. I still try to talk to the girl here and there a little bit hoping she'll come around. Probably not the best idea but whatever. Best case scenario she changes her mind, worse case I make a new friend. Then again maybe I just like her too much haha. 

• Like 1