• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Please help. Does this look like genital herpes? (NSFW)

ANYONE WITH ANYTHING SIMILAR?

(NSFW)

Herpes, Jock itch, Fungus??? Advice appreciated 

Hello everyone,  so I’ve gotten cold sores before in the past but now kind of freaking out. Male 27. Is herpes common on the scrotum or area between anal & scrotum? It started as a pimple 3 weeks ago but just last week it started tingling & itching. I first tried rubbing some colloidal silver (liquid) because I thought it was jock itch, some honey separately, then some cortisol cream because it kept itching and tingling. And tried lotrimin AF… No improvement just now open sores, skin peeled off. Some flaking. 

No fever or sickness. I recall when I first started getting cold sores, I became very ill. 

Anyways the rash in the below pic (NSFW), is now open sores and is clearly a rash on my scrotum (primarily on the left side) and the area leading to anal.  I tried Lotrimon ultra for about 4 days but not better- i thought jock itch but it got worse since I first started feeling the itching last week. 

Could it still be jock itch? I workout everyday and also tried some new type of shorts last week but I’ve never experienced this in my 10 years of training. 

The skin is open and I still feel like something is crawling or an itch (fungus or herpes???) 

Yes I’m going to the doctor asap just want to know if any similar experiences in the mean time. 

If you look closely, you can see the open sores

I posted the evolution of it below. its clearing up now. 

https://imgur.com/a/3PYwRy9

• Like 1

Hello! Sorry for the late reply. 

Please know everything will be okay! You are not alone. We are here to support you! 

The itching and tingling does align with HSV. Have you had any new sexual partners prior to the symptoms beginning? 

Did the pimple you notice happen to go through stages of healing, such as oozing fluid and then crusting over? You'll likely want to avoid the colloidal silver since it can be over-absorbed by the body and have detrimental effects to organs and the brain (and it really offers no health benefits anyways!). The cortisone can help with the itch and irritation. 

It hypothetically could be jock itch, but jock itch is caused by fungus and usually appears as a red patch and sometimes blister-looking bumps. The Lomotrin Ultra box says to use for up to two weeks (which is pretty long, and honestly I am not sure the average healing time for jock itch) and I know you said it didn't help after four days of use. 

Herpes can occur anywhere in the lower region, including the anus, perineum, genitals, thighs, lower back, and/or buttocks. 

It would be best to see a doctor or even dermatologist. Explain your symptoms and what you tried to help ease symptoms. You can show the pictures too if it helps. 

Keep us updated with what happens! 

I am praying for you! ☀️

Blessings,

grace

No new partners which is weird and I already get cold sores. 

The pic below, it literally started like this. Then as I started adding stuff the rash appeared. I also have eczema. Then the rash came. Nothing oozed just was open and raw 

920AEA7E-DC9B-49D0-A45F-6348B8CBA79F.png

Hi,

Hmm it's unlikely it's HSV, but of course it's hypothetically possible. It seems like it may have been a rash or jock itch or even yeast infection, that was then irritated by the topical solutions you put on your skin. 

Definitely see a doctor to ensure you are okay!! 

Blessings! ☀️🌻

• mr_hopp changed the title to Please help. Does this look like GHSV? (NSFW)

GHSV typically presents itself as sores that are either solo or in clusters. However, the rawness can be associated with the sores and the skin irritation, and when the sores open they can definitely feel/become raw due to clothing friction. 

Also, another common symptoms is having swollen glands in the groin area, a fever, chills, aches, fatigue, and general illness. Did you have any of these when you started noticing the rash?

• mr_hopp changed the title to Please help. Does this look like genital herpes? (NSFW)