• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Reflecting on the herpes talk: A New Perspective

Hello, Beautiful Humans! ❤️❤️❤️ 

I hope you are all doing well, following your path, and staying kind to yourself and others. If you are struggling right now, please know You are not alone. You are loved. You are strong. You are a warrior. You've got this and we are here for you! ❤️ 

I was speaking with my therapist about fears, and how I still have a fear of disclosing because it emotionally hurts, even though I have disclosed many many times. After reflecting on it, I've come to realize that I always disclosed ASAP as a form of self-sabotage to avoid relationships; it's like I would hope the person would be turned away by my H so I wouldn't have to handle the stress of relationships. I lost hope and really didn't feel I was enough for a relationship. That pattern is just not respectful to me and my spirit; disclosing should be a healthy (although it might feel a lil scary!) experience.

So, I have decided not to disclose until I establish a relationship with the person; to build trust and then disclose, instead of sharing that personal information first and then trying to build a foundation of trust. Trust and respect are required before opening up to another. I shouldn't have to feel the need to share as if I am confessing something bad; I have no reason to be ashamed, and neither do you! ❤️ 

If you have felt like this or are going through a similar pattern, please know that you can disclose as soon or as late as you'd like (of course, prior to intimacy and enough time before it to allow for questions and thought and such!). You deserve to be happy. H doesn't have the power to get in the way of your joy and life's purpose unless you give it power! 

Feel free to reach out any time to talk. I pray for you all each day ❤️!

Sending blessings and prayers your way! Stay kind to yourself and see yourself as the beautiful person you truly are 🙂🌻

grace 

• mr_hopp changed the title to Reflecting on the herpes talk: A New Perspective