• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Is this all normal for genital herpes?? many questions 🤔

Hiya all, new to the forum and G.H type 2 in general. I had coronavirus so I'm guessing that having my immune system compromised has caused my awful primary outbreak.

I went to my sexual health clinic and they confirmed it was G.H so been given acyclovir to take 3 times a day. After the sores appeared on my right side, my labia got really swollen and I had to take time off work as I couldn't walk or sit and had the prodrome aches in my leg and bum cheek. Fast forward a few days and I found salt water baths and a few drops of teetree oil and jajoba oil instantly soothed the uncomfortable pain (yey). Labia swelling has gone down but I began struggling to pass urine or empty bladder properly so was given 800mg acyclovir to take 5 times a day 😮💨. Not cured but getting there slowly. It has been a month now. still slight marks on inner and outer labia and never going away prodrome legs but 3 days ago I  had crazy red burning itching all over my vagina. needed to just claw at it (applying canasten external cream and had a pessary for possible thrush along with teetree+ jajoba oil)and itchy red bum hoop 😫 Passing stools every day but uncomfortable when exiting. Now today....I feel like I'm getting prodrome symptoms on my other side now too!! The achey legs and a tender spot on other side of my vagina although I'm still taking antivirals. Is all this normal. I work in hospital doing long different shift patterns and think this could not be helping with stress/immune outbreaks. Taking vitamins and all that but it's really bringing me down if I have to go through a second outbreak  so soon. Thanks for reading

• Like 1

Hello! 

Please know that everything will be okay. Your lingering irritation and numbness is a common symptoms, especially after a difficult primary outbreak. 

I am so sorry to hear of your experience! That sounds so painful 😞 You didn't deserve any of that!

Thank you for your work in the hospital setting-- we appreciate you! ❤️ 

After a primary outbreak, it can be common for the numbness and irritation to last and linger for a little while (such as a month). It is possible to have two conditions occurring simultaneously as well; such as an outbreak and a yeast infection or thrush as you described, or even a UTI which would align with the trouble passing urine. You mentioned irritation around the anus; did you have sores in that area?

Stress (physical and emotional) can definitely trigger outbreaks. Friction from clothing can also cause irritation. Have you seen an OBGYN or other doctor to see what's going on?

Stay strong and stay kind to yourself! You are not alone and we are here for you! ❤️ Reach out for questions or support any time! 🙂 

Sending prayers and blessings of happiness and health your way ❤️🌻☀️ !!! 

grace

• Thanks 1

Thankyou for the reassurance. I didn't have any sores near my anus and can't see any now. Just incredibly itchy and red but painful if I itch too much. My doctor fobbed me off onto the sexual health clinic as "that's more their expertise " so seen the consultants/nurses there.  The only other thing I can think of is when I was "peeing" I had to push/force it out so perhaps that put stress on my bowel area 🤔.   I dipped my urine at work and no signs of a uti. I've not worn knickers for a month and getting a bit too use to it  😂

• Like 1

Hello!

Did the sexual health clinic offer any explanation? 

The forcing on urine could have put strain on the anal area. Also, because the nerve bundle at the base of the spine impacted my HSV is irritated and inflamed during outbreaks (especially the primary outbreak) sometimes it can cause bowel issues since all the nerves are connected down there. 

It's great you tested for a UTI. And yes, lol, being underwear-free is oddly freeing! 😂

Sending blessings and prayers your way! 🌻💛

grace

• Thanks 1

What you are experiencing is normal with herpes. Especially with primary outbreak. HSV virus lives in nerves, not in skin and since it lives in nerves it can cause all kind of neurological symptoms including urinary retention and bowel movement problems. Herpes is not just sores on the skin. Sometimes it can manifest like urethritis or can mimic UTI. I had the same experience. 

You can continue to take antivirals and just wait for infection to calm down. Take plenty of rest, eat halthy and if you can take immune and nerve health support supplements. 

I hope everything goes well for you! 

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi again,  for a few days now I'm feeling a sore bit on my lower labia where an ulcer was previously before but nothing there now. I'm worried as it's the same feeling I had when I had them but not seeing anything at all and I'm checking every day 😕. Could this be another possible outbreak or just slowly healing?

• Like 1

Hello! 

I hope the teas and vitamins helped! 

Are you feeling just pain, or is there also itching or numbness? It could be firings of nerves which happens as a result of HSV (since it lives in your lower spinal nerve bundle) and this was your first outbreak. 

Monitor for other symptoms and keep us updated! 

Blessings of health and healing to you!! 🦋🌻💛

grace

The teas and vits are hopefully helping but won't do me any harm getting the goodness any way 😊

It's just pain in one wee area where an ulcer has healed so could just be nerves fingers crossed 🤞 I do still have slight numbness but it's improving. Thanks for your input 👍 

Yes, what you are experiencing is normal...  all the symptoms you mentioned from the leg pain to numbness is common among most of us...  It can last for many many days too so just be patient with it and don't let your head start thinking it's a real health concern of something major cause it's not...