• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Swimming during herpes outbreak?

So….I’ve had herpes 2 forever (17 years)….and I know the answer but I need reassurance.

Theres no way I can spread genital herpes to my kids in a chlorinated pool, right? I’ve swam with them during outbreaks but today I realized I was started one towards the end of swimming for hours with them and for some reason it is making me anxious. I just need reassurance lol.  And someone to tell me it’s okay to keep going in with them this week….cause my youngest is only 6 and needs someone with her…and we are in the middle of a heat wave. 😩

thanks so much. ❤️❤️

• Like 1

Hello! 

Rest assured, you and your children are perfectly safe ☺️☀️

HSV likes dry environments and is spread via skin to skin contact. Especially in a chlorinated pool, HSV would likely not spread. Even if an area with an outbreak brushed against your child, the water would likely just wash any viral particles away ☺️.

Have no fear!! Enjoy the sunshine and pool with your children. 

Sending blessings and happiness your way! ☀️🦋💛

grace 

• mr_hopp changed the title to Swimming during herpes outbreak?