• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Herpes outbreak won't end!

If you have any ideas, please help! I contracted OHSV-1 in November. 26 y/o Male. Since then I started getting mouth sores more and more frequently to the point that in March/April my outbreak never seemed to end, I'd always have new sores in my mouth or on my lip before the old ones would heal.

Even worse, despite being careful, it somehow got transferred to my genitals in June, and now I have a never ending blistery itchy rash on my penis and in some other place on my lower body that keeps recurring before the previous outbreak even heals.

I've been on 1gram of valacyclovir daily since May to no apparent effect. 2 grams of Lysine a day. I eat well, sleep enough, and my stress is mostly managed except about this bullshit!

The doctor has no clue what's going on. I'm getting a lot of tests run but nothing is coming back with any potential explanation for the never-ending outbreak. Have any of you had any similar experience or tests I should try to figure out the underlying cause?

• Like 1

Hello,

I am so sorry that you are struggling. Please know everything will be okay ❤️ 

It sounds like the antivirals are not working. Have you talked to your doctor about your frequent outbreaks and your new outbreak occurring on your genitals? Sometimes the body has a negative reactions to HSV and the body struggles to fight it off and keep it at bay. Ice or heat can help soothe the nerves, and there is also lysine cream than can help heal blisters. 

Be kind to yourself and stay strong! We are here for you ❤️ 

Blessings and Prayers,

grace

• mr_hopp changed the title to Herpes outbreak won't end!