• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Supportive Oligonucleotide Therapy (SOT) for genital herpes outbreaks?

Hello everyone,

First sorry for my English. I am dealing with genital herpes almost 3 years now i have tried a lot of things but nothing help i had almost every 2 week new sores and all kind of different pain on my body some of the things even can’t explain in English.

Here where i live doctors know only Valtrex and etc and it helps me but i have to take it everyday if i stop on the second day i am with outbreak and i would not like to depend on medicine for rest of my life it’s sound very bad  long story short

i eat well i have tried lysine  ozone therapy nothing i did all kind if tests why my body respond like this and again nothing i am okay. Now the doctor with who i did ozone tell me for SOT therapy (Supportive Oligonucleotide Therapy ) it’s quite expensive but i could try everything to take a break from this because it’s destroying my life . Have someone tried it and can you share any experience with it. For 2 months now i am off from Valtrex and monitoring my body but i fell awful almost everyday i hope my body start dealing with it by itself…..

Male 27 y. o.

Hey there @Herpes123,

No need to apologize for your English – you're doing just fine!

Dealing with genital herpes is no joke, and I'm sorry to hear about the constant struggle you've been facing. It sounds like you've been on a rollercoaster ride of pain and frustration, and that's tough.

It's great that you're trying different things to find relief. Sometimes it takes a bit of trial and error to figure out what works best for our bodies. Lysine and ozone therapy are options that some folks explore, and I understand your hesitation about being dependent on meds. But it's helpful to note that all herpes medications are very well-tolerated over the long-term, so if meds bring you relief, definitely consider them. At least until you find something better.

Supportive Oligonucleotide Therapy (SOT) sounds interesting. I haven't tried it and haven't come across anyone who has. Of course it's a personal decision whether to give it a shot, especially when it's something relatively new and potentially expensive. If it's offering a break from the constant outbreaks and providing some quality of life, it might be worth considering. But from what I'm reading — https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9680246 — the results look promising, that after 2-3 administrations, SOT could inhibit the replication and metabolism of viruses, including HSV. But it's important to not that these findings are still preliminary, so further research and trials are needed to evaluate safety and effectiveness. It's certainly a balancing of the pros and cons and unknowns!

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

• mr_hopp changed the title to Supportive Oligonucleotide Therapy (SOT) for genital herpes outbreaks?