• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Does this look like herpes?

Have had this rash for the past two months. The first picture is the rash two months ago. The second picture is the rash now.

The rash hasn’t broken open at all and turned into blisters or sores but doesn’t seem like the rash is getting any better.

Took a herpes test yesterday 

IMG_2624.thumb.jpeg.c1ccb13a5792cea4590cad1468b1a6c9.jpegIMG_2614.thumb.jpeg.27fa6b4539e857b1d4f4be4b8c5b4c95.jpeg

Hi @Tj081999 — We generally don't offer visual diagnoses via pics here because 1) it's hard to do and get it right since a rash can be so many things, and 2) we're not doctors. When you say you took a herpes test, did you get it swabbed and PCR tested or you mean you took a blood test? If a blood test, then any possible herpes antibodies won't be detectable for 12+ weeks. Since you have something physical going on, then a PCR test would be the most reliable thing to do at this point.

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

This rash first showed up around May so it’s been 12 weeks. 

I got a blood test at labcorp 6-22-23 and the HSV-2 IGG was 1.21. I followed up with the confirmatory test at Quest the next week and it was a negative for the confirmatory.

I then followed up with a anylab HSV test on 7-15-23 and came back negative on the initial test for herpes.

I just took another test because the rash hasn’t gone away still and I’m still worried about that initial positive test even though I’ve had two negatives now following it. Seems like it may have been a false positive though?