• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

genital herpes - new to me- questions...

I am new to having genital herpes. i found out i had genital herpes six months after having my daughter. i just feel alone....ive been single since i found out and feel no one will really accept me with my past trauma of trust as well. i accept that i have it and i know i am not disgusting dirty or worthless cuz i have this. i justt want love its been three years and when i get to talking to someone i cut it off cuz im scared. i am new here....i will disclose more at another time. thank you to whoever reads this and replies. 

Hello,

I know finding out you have genital herpes is scary and definitely an unknown situation on what's going to happen in the future but when you find someone that accepts you for you, everything will work out.  Having this virus and having trust issues isn't the end of the world, it just makes it a little more interesting to navigate through.   I know a lot of people don't respond on this site as much as they used to but its a haven of information.  It's the only reason I was able to cope with having ghsv1 because I received the correct information.  

I would just focus on you and your daughter and let love find you when its right. 

• Like 1

Hi @mz.bigred

Sorry for the late response, our whole family is just getting over our first bout of Covid. Oof! 

Finding out you have genital herpes can be incredibly daunting and emotionally challenging. I'm glad you recognize that having herpes doesn't define your worth. You're absolutely right; you are not disgusting, dirty, or worthless because of this.

(And thanks for your awesome response, @AlliKat12! Great advice.) 👌

When it comes to love, trust, and relationships, it's perfectly natural to have concerns, especially considering your past experiences. Take your time, and don't rush into anything. Your health and well-being are top priorities, and the right person will understand and accept you for who you are, herpes and all.

In the meantime, focusing on yourself and your daughter is a fantastic approach. Self-care and self-love are foundations for any successful relationship, and they will help attract the right kind of love into your life.

Whenever you're ready, feel free to share more. We're here to support you through this.

Take good care of yourself.

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources: