• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Women: Odors with herpes outbreak or no?

Well this is really embarrassing but I'm not here to impress anybody lol. on my very first outbreak i did. It was a strange raw shrimp like odor. one side of my labia was like super swollen and it was painful butvi noticed no bumps that first time of course i was freaking the hell out about what was happening to my inner vagina to notice firat time round. But I'm thinking it might have been due to the fact that i was so afraid to put soap on that thing cuz it was in pain the most i could do was take my shower head cuz i have the kind attached to a hose and run water over it. so for like a week I'm just runnin water over it when i get in the shower. But i havnt experienced with my secind or third but i was also able to do my hygiene on it too. hope that helps and sorry if it grossed you out

Hahaha. Not grossed out at all! I never mind tmi. I don't think I'm having an issue with hygiene and I'm not sure how to describe the odor other than its off. Just seems like the past couple of outbreaks I've had an odor. Always makes me think I am having a yeast or bacterial infx. I've had some minor swelling as well. Guess I'll go see my doc soon. Thanks!