• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

I’m unsure about some of my symptoms

I was diagnosed with herpes 2 days ago and have been struggling with the news. Some of my symptoms though aren’t aligning with the diagnosis. I have severe swelling and it feels like rocks on my labia that I’m pretty concerned about. I’ve been taking different prescription meds to get everything under control but nothing is helping. At this point I’m unsure what to do.. everything is just so incredibly painful and confusing. 

Hey there @Court,

First off, I want to extend a warm hug your way. Getting diagnosed with herpes is often a big shock to the system, and it's totally normal to feel all sorts of emotions during this time. I hear you when you say you're in pain and confused—that's a tough spot to be in.

Now, about the severe swelling and that rock-like sensation you've described, it sounds like you're going through a really rough patch. Herpes outbreaks can vary quite a bit from person to person, and while swelling can be part of the initial outbreak, what you're describing seems quite intense.

The fact that you're on medication but not seeing any improvement is definitely something to flag with your healthcare provider. Sometimes, what we think might be a straightforward herpes outbreak could be complicated by other factors, like a secondary infection or an allergic reaction.

If you haven't already, please reach back out to your healthcare provider, or consider getting a second opinion. It's crucial to get the right treatment, especially when the pain is this severe. Don't hesitate to advocate for your health—you know your body best and if something feels off, it's worth getting checked out again.

In the meantime, if you haven't tried some supportive home care measures, things like sitz baths, cool compresses or an Epsom salt bath might offer some temporary relief. Just be sure to clear these with your doc first to ensure they're safe for your specific situation.

Remember, you're not alone in this journey. We're all learning and healing together.

Take care and let us know how you're doing whenever you're up for it.

Sending you lots of strength. You got this. 

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources: