• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Some questions about herpes.

Hello, everyone! I hope you're doing well. Can someone answer a few questions for me? Here goes: Have any of you ever had episodes that lasted more than ten days? What about recurrent herpes?

I know some people have outbreaks only a few times a year, but this year I've been having them all the time. I haven't started suppressive therapy yet. For those who have, do you feel a reduction in outbreaks?

One more thing, I feel like this recurrence is due to my low immunity. Any tips on how to improve that? Thanks in advance! Finding this forum was a gift in my life💖

Hello,

I have only had one outbreak in my life and I've been positive for GHSV1 for almost a decade so I am not quite sure about the length of a normal outbreak but my outbreak that I did have lasted about 6 weeks.   The suppressive therapy will help reduce the amount of outbreaks and the length of an outbreak if it does reoccur plus it will reduce the transmission rate to other people if you are sexually active.   

There are some vitamins that you can take to increase your immune system such as Vitamin C, Zinc, Lysine and probably much more that have also helped reduce the amounts of outbreaks for other people on this site. 

This forum is a great place to find information from people who are actually experiencing the same thing as you and not just google with wide varieties of information that might not be helpful in your situation. 

Hey @Dreams,

Outbreaks can vary a lot in length, and yeah, some can hang around for more than ten days, especially without treatment. It's not the same for everyone. Suppressive therapy could definitely help in cutting down both the number and severity of outbreaks.

As for boosting your immunity, things like a balanced diet, regular exercise, plenty of sleep, and maybe some supplements like Vitamin C, Zinc, and Lysine (as @AlliKat12 mentioned) could be beneficial. It's all about keeping your body strong and giving it the best chance to fight back. But remember, it's always a good plan to chat with a healthcare pro before starting any new supplement or major lifestyle change.

So glad you found us! 💖 Stay well!

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

• 1 month later...

Hi @RD2024 — Herpes doesn't cause back pain per se, although some folks have nerve pain in their upper thighs/butt area when the virus "wakes up" after hibernation and starts to travel from the base of the spine (where it hibernates) through the nerve ganglia like the branches of a tree to the surface of the skin (where the viral shedding and potentially the outbreak would occur). The pathway it takes will determine where the nerve pain happens for some people. The frequent urination thing wouldn't be a symptom of herpes/HSV-1 as far as I'm aware.

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources: