• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

My journey to living well with HSV

It’s been a while since I posted here. I was diagnosed in 2018. My world absolutely fell apart. I researched for years in hope of a way out of the situation I felt I had put myself in. 
6 years on, I want to give the old me a massive hug and tell her it will absolutely be okay. 
Because it is. 
It’s more than okay. 
My HSV rarely enters my mind these days. I’ve taken suppressive acyclovir for the last 4 years, only to protect my partner who remains HSV 2 negative. Although, he accepts my passing on this skin condition is always a risk. He summarises.. “ I suffer your pain, but everyone can see mine on my face” he has oral Herpes. Like most in this world. I however, don’t lol! 
I am a woman, he is male, his chances of contracting hsv from me with suppressive acyclovir are close to ZERO . 
I live. As I always did. I take acyclovir twice a day. Sometimes I take a break. We are human. We contract virus’. We are still who we are but with a new perspective that allows us so much compassion and understanding towards others. I feel a better person for it. I promise you. 
much love 

Tammy x 

• Like 2

Hi Tammy / @greydaysandbrighternights,

Thank you for sharing your journey! It's super inspiring to hear how far you've come since your diagnosis in 2018. Your experience and positive outlook are precious. It's great to know that suppressive acyclovir has been effective in keeping your partner safe. The way your partner supports you is awesome, and it's clear you both have a strong understanding and acceptance of each other's conditions. Your story shows that life with HSV can be more than okay – it can be full of compassion, understanding, and love. Much love back to you and welcome back!

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

• mr_hopp changed the title to My journey to living well with HSV