• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Now I'm single but still have HSV

Uhhhhh

I'm writing this from the couch. In my pajamas. I have been here all day because my Fiancée and I finally reached the end of the rope.

As if a split like this isnt traumatic enough, I now have to be reminded that I am no longer eligible for companionship experience ever again.

I'm so sad.

Hey FML,

I'm sorry it didn't work out. I know it hurts. Breaking up is always hard to do when you really care about someone and it sounds like you cared about this guy. It's common to feel the way you feel (I know I did for quite a while). And I know it hurts. Feels like there's no possible way that anyone will ever want someone with herpes, right? And realize it's just how you feel right now in this moment. It's not the truth. It just seems like it. Don't shortchange yourself and your future by convincing yourself of things that will make you sad or feel like less of a person. You deserve to feel happy. And you deserve to mourn, too. Feel sad if it feels healthy to feel that. And also realize you have a whole loving community here to support you when you need it.

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources: