• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

The secret's in the broccoli sauce?

Like many of us I have been busily researching the various potential weapons Mother Nature provides. For me, I'd much rather put something natural in my body than something manufactured by big pharma on a regular basis. The irony is I was a long time smoker and have an affinity for fast foods, but I digress.

Yesterday I came across a few articles on the benefits of broccoli. Apparently, there was some research into a substance within cruciferous veggies known as Indole 3 Carbinol about a decade ago. The brief study showed the compound reduced viral replication by 99.9%. This discovery garnered a lot of attention for a few months, but for some reason the scientists didn't take it further. There were a couple of follow-up studies that showed similar results, but ultimately it looks like they decided Zovirax and Valtrex were sufficient and they didn't need to take it any further...(cue sinister music.)

There have been lots of references to this study and the IC3 herpes connection over the years, but so far I haven't found anyone saying "I've tried this and noticed a difference."

So, anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Obviously, eating broccoli won't hurt anything, but has anyone here upped their cruci veggie intake and experienced a reduction in outbreaks sans pharmaceutical assistance? Curious minds want to know.

Imma guessing there are 2 factors here:

1) to get enough of the active compound you would have to eat a LOT of the broccoli family and

2) each person's body is so different in it's "imbalances" that even tho it may work for me, you may not be able to eat enough ... AND it will change over time in each person. I went through a spell where I could not consume chocolate and nuts together without setting it off - now I eat both in abundance and I have no noticeable reaction to them.

I'll be doing a blog for Adrial soon about foods that are meant to help (and those that are meant to exacerbate) the herpes issue... in the mean time - if you wanna try it, I'd love to know what your results are.... I just hope you are not one of those who has an - er - odoriferous reaction to the cruciferous family... :-&