• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Got Copies of my herpes test results. Need thoughts!

Tests done on 11/21/13:

HSV 1 & 2 Igm EIA: 1.40 HSV 1 Igm Abs byIFA: not detected

HSV 1 Igg titer: Negative HSV 2 Igm Abs by IFA: not detected

HSV 2 Igg titer: Positive

Tests done 11/25/13 Test done on 1/06/14

HSV 2 Igg type select: 4.06 HSV 2 Igg type select: 2.3

If u get a culture done on any lesions, is there an optimal time for accurate results and is there time after lesions present for not accurate culture results.

Btw, i had more testing to trying to determine the other stange vaginal issues that appear when all this started.

Pap smear 1/6/14

Yeast: Negative

HVP: negative

Bacterial Vaginosis: Positve ... this was negative when cultured on 11/4/13

HSV Culture non typing 11/4/13

Positve. just a note. by the time i saw my doctor for the swap, i had the 2 pimple like bumps for almost 11 days

Vaginal Biopsy 1/13/14:

PostImflammatory Hypopigmentation melanosis

Lichen simplex chronious present withsparse inflitrated lymphotes and hystocites associated with increased pigment in basal keratinocytes. Epidermal hyperplasia and hyperkeatosis present.

Did you ask your doctor to explain these results to you?

You have HSV2. You already know that. You do not have HSV1, but you already know that, too.

Bacterial Vaginosis is a very common condition. It can be caused by everything from douching or using antibiotics to having multiple partners. In layman's terms, it's a bacterial infection caused by an inbalance of bacteria within your vajajay. It's treated by altering your diet, including probiotics in your meals, and if necessary, antibiotics and a chastity belt.

Lichen simplex chronious is simply another skin condition often caused by anxiety, being extremely nervous, and depression. It's often made worse by frequent self-exams, scratching, itching, etc. It's easily treated by laughter, not worrying, and not touching the area. In other words, stop worrying and stressing and it will go away on its own.

Herry,

As far the bacterial vaginosis, i dont douche and never douched. no antibotics were taken, not having sex.. i was surprised at the lichen simplex because an ob/gyn said on 1/6/14, lichen sclerosis by exam. I never had the constant and/or persisent "itching" that is common for lichen simplex chronicious. i have been an emotional wreck and still am. anxiety have been an issue for me for the last few years, out of blue.

I forgot to mention I had a viral lung infection the week of New years for over a week.

Bacterial vaginosis is not related in any way, shape, or form to herpes. It is a normal condition and is simply a biological imbalance. Eat healthy, get some sleep, exercise, it'll go away.

Anxious emotional wreck? Yep. Hence the lichen simplex. Treatment: Relax. Do that, it'll clear up.

Your viral lung infection has nothing to do with the problems you are having below the beltline.

No, it's not safe to say the herpes brought on any of those conditions. In fact, the herpes has nothing to do with those other conditions. Those conditions are caused by stress and anxiety. Reduce your stress and anxiety and they'll go away. Treating those conditions will not bring on an HSV outbreak. In fact, treating the causes (stress and anxiety) of those conditions will actually reduce the possibility of an HSV outbreak considerably.

Talk with someone special didn't go well. She decided herpes was a dealbreaker. Still think she's an incredible woman and I wish her well. She's a wonderful woman and she'll find a good guy, it's just not going to be me. Thanks for asking.