• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Treatment for scars from herpes?

While my emotional scars are starting to heal, a few of the physical ones my first OB left behind are not.

I know the herps doesn't normally scar, but I've got some little spots that did because the location of the outbreak made scab formation difficult, and the scabs kept rubbing off in the boxers even though I left them slathered in aloe to stay moist and flexible. Needless to say, I'd like to take care of them for aesthetic and psychological reasons.

Any recommendations on creams that are good at scar removal on our sensitive bits? The location of mine makes lasers and scalpels no-no. I'll do a lot of things to my wee willy winky, but giving him the Dr. Evil treatment just seems a bit extreme even though I'm angry at him right now for getting me into this predicament. He's in time-out for the time being, but before I go see the plastic surgeon and start threatening him with scalpels and laser beams, I'd like to try the gentle approach.

Hey Herry...

Well, first, there is TIME. It may just be a matter of time to let it settle down.

Otherwise there are now scar treatment creams that are over the counter like Mederma but reviews say it's no better than Vaseline. Another option would be the silicone gel sheets, the kind that have been used on burn victims ... they may be able to help the scarring but not sure if it's too late to make a difference..

In the end, the scars remind (us) that the past is real ...