• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

I was disclosed to & a couple herpes questions :) Read if you need uplifting!

Lelani, Ebay. Lots of FC2's on there for a fraction of the cost. Something like $1.50/US a pop. I mean a shot. Sorry, $1.50 a poke. Damn, how many sexual innuendos can I insert into the discussion. Damn, I did it again. Ok, I'm just gonna stop now.

Caligirl, You'll know you're shedding most of the time, but not all the time. Common symptoms of shedding include the prodome feelings of tingling and stinging. You might also develop a little red patch of skin. Other than that, it's anyone's guess and the vast, vast majority of people don't know when they're shedding and when they're not.

Caligirl12

Thanks for bringing this up for clarification. We's rather you ask than assume something that wasn't meant or that is incorrect (we do have people who come on and make statements based on what they "read" or were told by a friend or whatever ;) )

No - there is no way to know when you are shedding - I don't know where you read that but there are some people who are under the impression that you are only shedding when you have an OB and that it's ok to have sex without telling your partner about your status as long as you abstain during an OB. Hell, I've even heard of DOCTORS telling their patients this (usually they are Family Dr's who are not up to date on the more recent studies).

There are people who have NO IDEA that they have Herpes who are out there shedding asymptomatically and infecting people. Those who have OB's will still be shedding some of the time (15-30% for GHSV2, 3-5% GHSV1, 9-18% OHSV1, 1% OHSV2). without symptoms.

All the stats are here on the Handout :)

http://bit.ly/h-opp-disclosure-handout

Now, you CAN have what are called Prodrome symptoms - itching, tingling, burning, etc... which would imply you are shedding more. This uaually happens right before an OB but some people only have those symptoms without an actual outbreak....it seems to be worse with folks who are newly infected while their body is developing the antibodies. So that may be what you had read. In that case, if you are having those symptoms, you should err on the side of caution and abstain from playing in that area (whether it be your mouth or genitals) until it has gone completely and you have several days without symptoms :)