• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Yes i have herpes!

I've been in denial been fighting my doctors and test results

Test results come back a high negative 90.

But I feel it below the belt no medication though just sick

I've lost 25lbs, itching, irritation, using butt creams different creams to relieve it

I haven't had sex since January 13th 2014

I don't think my ex has it, I don't even know where it came from

See my ex likes MEN and sneaks around with WOMEN we bump genitals

It was even a time I felt bumps near her buttocks and on the lips of her vagina

She will never go to the doctor, we recently had a big fall out

I'm stressing hurting more... She had a bump on her lip and I had a bump on my lip recently

The last time I seen her was last Tuesday she still had her bump on her lip

I've been sick since August. 2013 got tested in Sept. one test came back 1.55 saying I had herpes but unsure which kind

Then I retested in OCT. everything was NEGATIVE then retested in DEC. everything NEGATIVE

shes been my only partner since NOV. 2012

So if shes clean its from someone in my past?

Well, weight loss isn't a symptom of herpes. It's a symptom of stress and other conditions, but not the herpster.

You can't worry about your ex. She's out of your life and now it's time to focus on YOU. You are your priority. Your test should say whether it's HSV1 or HSV2. You should call your doctor and ask them to clarify those test results.

Could you have an infection from someone in your past? Sure. Herpes can lay dormant for years and years before you ever find out about it. That's not uncommon. In fact, 80% of people never have symptoms. Many people go in for routine bloodwork and "surprise, did you know you have herpes?"

I think you are stressing more over your ex than you are about the herpsie derpsies. I know it's hard to see her and move on, but you absolutely must. Accept that it's over and focus on what you need, and the first thing you need to do is find out whether you have HSV1 or HSV2. Your testing sounds like you might have had a false positive; Most doctors consider anything under 3 negative, and your follow up tests indicate that might be the case. You might want to go in for another round of tests for both 1 and 2 to be absolutely sure at this point.

Is there ways of tricking herpes test? if the doctor puts people on a 10 day supply of meds could that trick off a test to show negative or once positive always positive? am' I really not stressing over my ex to much, I am stressing over being sick period and the western blot is out of my price range it isn't covered by my insurance... my dumb primary care doctor didn't put me on a daily surrpressant she just give me 10 day supply when I ask or if I ask because she said its herpes but unsure which one

I tell everyone on here:

Go to an OBGYN (or for guys, a urologist, or Planned parenthood) for ANYTHING to do with your sexual health. Primary Care doctors are often HORRIDLY out of date with regards to the latest thinking about testing/shedding/etc.

Most Drs will put you on the 10 day supply first and see if it clears things up... but if you have a sexual partner, you need to consider suppressive therapy - talk to your OBGYN about what they think you should do.

And no you can't trick the test but they DO often come up with false results, esp if you have just got the virus in the last 4-6 months...again, talk to your OBGYN about this :)

That's where my last testing was done at my OBGYN he did a swab and all it came back 90/ NEGATIVE he just thought my clitoris had a little discoloration which is normal he said and he said the area that was itching wouldn't be infected by herpes the buttocks and thighs and I don't know where a planned parenthood is located, I don't have a partner now but at the time I did, I hope she isn't infected she never went down on me but we grind a lot and a lot of skin to skin, the day she did go down on me I made her use a dental dam I keep having out breaks they haven't went away.. I cant retest for another 6 months though