• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

When the time comes to disclose that I have herpes …

Guest [Deleted User]

Hey! I just wanted to say thank you for your video about how to tell a partner you have herpes. I have been on a couple dates with someone recently that I can really see things progressing with. But as a young woman (early 20s), of course I feel insecure about my condition. I love the way you presented the right way to go about it. Very factual, calm, and confidently. I hope I am able to do this when the time comes. And by the way, you would make a great actor. If you're not already, you should look into it. Thanks again.

My pleasure, cjane. I'm touched that you got something out of the video. And you seem like just the person who someone would love to get to know, herpes or not. It's amazing how big a deal we make such a simple virus, right? Keep us posted on how it goes!

P.S. Thanks about the actor suggestion. Never considered it. Throw a gig my way and we'll see. I think I'd like being in an Acyclovir commercial. ;)

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

Wow. I told him today, was so psyched out I thought I was going to throw up. And guess what? He was 100% fine with it! He told me he had been with someone before with it, and that we'd be careful and he'd be fine. He also told me how attractive it was of me to be so mature about it. Thank you so much, you really inspired me.

You really should look into an intro class, a film and tv one. I'm a professional actor, and the way you role play is awesome, very natural. I agree about the commercial!

This is AWESOME, cjane! I am grinning ear to ear over here and chills are all up and down my spine. Thank you for sharing this! This is a perfect example of how disclosure can be a connecting experience — you showed him your mature "I'm okay" self and he recognized that. You are attractive, cjane. Through and through. Thank you for your strength of integrity and inspiring me and many others, I'm sure. Enjoy your new, blossoming relationship! :)

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources: