• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Possible oral HSV1 outbreak... help!

I was diagnosed with HSV 1 genitally about 4 months ago and am currently freaking out because I've got what appears to be a cold sore forming on my upper lip. I've never had one in my life. No tingling/itching/burning etc as of yet, just a slightly raised circular area and a feeling of slight pressure. I'm not sick and haven't been under any stress lately. Not positive that's what it is but to all my oral HSV people out there, should I put cold sore medicine on it anyway? Just in case? And will popping an acyclovir help get rid of it faster?

Thanks @WCSDancer I did what you suggested.. Seemed like it was getting better (or at least not progressing) until I woke up this morning with worse symptoms :( I'm so frustrated right now. Could I somehow have spread the virus from the top lip to the bottom? I had been putting cold sore ointment on the affected area and chapstick on the rest of my mouth. Now my lips are kind of swollen and theres a pinkish ring around them. And theres sensitive areas that developed on either side of my bottom lip. I slathered my lips in cold sore ointment and took a Lysine and an acyclovir. Hopefully it helps.

Get the Oragel spot treatment (or Abreva - I think it's the same thing) - it's the best thing I've found so far outside of my Ammonium Alum... and much easier to carry with you. It says it's a one time use, but I put some cling film over the top and managed to reuse it the next morning...

Just like the OB's below, you may have got it in more than one place - I have 2 regular places where mine comes out on my lip...