• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

HSV 2 genital symptoms

Hello and thank you for your assistance-

On 3-27-14 I had protected vaginal sex - less then 5 minutes

Background:

Myself (male) I am HSV 1 Positive from childhood

Female Partner (age 20) Just received blood results on female partner and she is HSV 1 positive and HSV 2 positive- Herpes Select Test by Quest - Her results >5 on HSV 2- She was unaware of having the disease and no obvious signs.

Issue- On day 4 post exposure through day 10- I have had a series of symptoms that I can not interpret- I have read numerous posts and articles on prodromal herpes symptoms and actual signs and symptoms of herpes outbreaks so I am unclear as to the reality of my symptoms.

My symptoms-1) Itching on- Both testicle. 2) Mild discomfort in and around area of leg crease that meets the scrotum (Bilateral) pain is like mild pressure (like a tooth ache) No signs of outbreaks.

Question: Are theses symptoms describe sound like herpes prodromal symptoms that has aborted and thus no signs or actual just mild symptoms since I am HSV 1 positive. I am hoping that since members have spoken to many individuals that someone can offer more insight then what the traditional book responses are...

Thank you.

@bhoratio

First - welcome... this is a great place for support and information.

Certainly sounds like you *could* be having prodrome symptoms ... but I hate to say it, without an OB, you will have to wait 4-5 months to get tested to know for sure. The area that you are experiencing symptoms are the areas that would not have been covered by a condom so it's very possible she could have been shedding in areas that came in contact with your body.

Best thing you can do for now is to monitor your symptoms and get tested in 4 months... make sure to go to Planned Parenthood or a urologist - .. Family Dr's are often useless regarding their Herpes knowledge :(

Sorry we can't give you anything more concrete than that.

Alright, guy perspective here.

Hi Horatio, I'm Herry. The forum's resident humorist and philosopher.

Your symptoms could be any number of things. They really could be. That's the trick with herpes. So, breathe. You're still at the 50/50 point. Needle's not moving.

So, your partner tests positive for both? Right? Again, still at the 50/50. Herpes isn't that easy to transfer. Yeah, it's easier than most, but it's still got a low transmission rate.

Now, you're gonna need to get tested to know for sure. If you start developing blisters, get to the doc immediately and have them do a swab test. They can test to see if it's 1/2 causing it. If you don't (hoping you don't) you'll need to wait 3-4 months for a blood test.

In the meantime, read through this forum carefully. Lots of good info. Lots of good advice. Lots of fabulous people willing to help you out.

Thank you... but What I read is that the test is 50 % accurate at 21-28 days dependent on primary or non primary status and 70 % accurate at 6 weeks then progressing to 90 + percent at 12 weeks.. Is this information incorrect? Thanks for your help!

I'd say don't even believe the result until 4+ months ... most come up negative in the 21-28 day period

And lymph swelling/groin pain are some of the symptoms of Herpes AND other genital issues ... I'd get tested for everything when the time comes...tho they don't test guys for HPV :(