• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Anyone have HSV 1 AND 2?

Have recently been diagnosed--blood test confirmed antibodies for both. Never had a severe initial outbreak and had my first OB after 30 years of faithful marriage. OB's are on my buttocks and are not severe though they started to appear more often--first every month, then every week--which is what sent me to the doctor's in the first place. Until then was blissfully unaware. I am currently on 400mg acyclovir split into two doses a day for suppression. Crossing our fingers here! I would love to hear from anyone who is positive for both or who just wants to chat. Have found much support and information on this site--very grateful.

^^^^^^This person got HSV1 at 3 and HSV2 at 17 ... she also doesn't gamble because she obviously isn't very lucky .... LOL

BTW, I have a client who, like you, had her first OB after 30+ years of marriage. AND, her husband supposedly came back negative (tho I don't think she saw the results - I personally wonder if he even went for the test...but it's a moot point if he's not concerned about getting it if he doesn't have it)

While it's unusual, it's not at all unheard of for people to carry it a long time without knowing. I'm guessing as we age, for some, the changing body chemistry combined with a stressful event is just enough to allow the virus to come out after being suppressed all that time. :p

Just another wonderful side effect of menopause. Yippee! Husband has no symptoms but last night did ask me once more if I have slept with anyone else. That was a not fun moment. He says that occasionally he gets a rash on his chest which clears up quickly. Do men exhibit symptoms this way?

Doubt very much the rash is Herpes.... unless he is getting a Shingles rash which is a different kind of Herpes virus. The Shingles rash has very distinct edges to it....

BTW, you can tell him that unless he gets tested and comes back negative, there is EVERY chance HE could have been carrying it and just recently given it to you ;)

Yeah, we both agreed at the beginning that either of us could have brought it into the marriage all those years ago. It was just that yesterday after the test results came in, he felt he needed to ask "just once". I don't blame him for asking though and I doubt we will have the conversation again. I think I could use to see a therapist at this point. At least that's how it feels today.