• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Thoughts, experiences and advice! Please help

I had sex without protection on Friday. On Sunday and Monday I started to notice my vagina was extremely itchy and irritated. Which led me to the doctor on Tuesday. I had inspected my vagina before I went to the doctor and there where no bumps. However in the matter of the time I inspected it to the time the doctor looked at it I had 3 bumps. She told me I had herpes and prescribed me valtrex and also did blood work which the results will be in by tomorrow.

I am in an extreme amount of pain and can not move. I have lied in my bed since Tuesday and it is now Thursday and I am in college and I have a job which I have not been able to go to due to the pain.

I take two valtrex a day and pain meds, which helps but I still can not move.

Doing some research I know the first outbreak is the worst. I also learned about the stages of an ob and have some questions. I read that you first start off with irritation, then the bumps form, then they burst, and then they scab over, and then the scabs fall off. Is this true? If so, which part is the most painful? And when the scabs form are you still in a servers amount of pain?

Is this painful throughout the whole time? I can not get out of bed or do anything, then I will fail my semester!

Since I took valtrex within a couple of hours of my first "bumps", would this make the ob shorter ?

I also looked at my vagina this morning and i had a lot of fluid and not as many bumps. Am I in the stage where the bumps are releasing their fluid?

If you can share your first ob story with me I would appreciate it. I am very curious about the timeline in which you started to feel better and where able to move around again. Also if you did or did not take anti viral meds.

@Marsfar

First - welcome and glad you found us!

She told me I had herpes and prescribed me valtrex and also did blood work which the results will be in by tomorrow.

If you were recently exposed, you will not get a proper result (likely will come up negative) on the blood test. Did she not do a swab? If your Dr is a Family Dr/General Practitioner I would strongly suggest you get to an OBGYN - they know a LOT more about how to deal with Herpes. It's good she got you on Valtrex but you may have missed your opportunity to get a diagnosis that includes the type of Herpes that you have (1 or 2) so you know what you are dealing with for future reference.

Noone can tell you exactly how much pain you will have and for how long or for which part. Everyone has a different experience of Herpes AND everyone has a different reaction to pain. What one considers "extreme pain" another may just experience as "really uncomfortable". So many variables can come into play - age/immune function/stress/diet/tight clothing/hormones/rough sex/yeast or other infections/etc that can affect the frequency, duration, and severity of the OB's.

Sorry you are having a rough time of it. Try going commando, Epsom Salts baths (dump the salts right between your legs so its concentrated there), and *try* not to stress too much about it. It WILL get better. If need be, get a note from your Dr for your professors that you have an infection that is keeping you at home...they should work with you to get your finals in.

(((HUGS)))