• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Did I give herpes to my kid?

I have read and read about this and I'm worried he has autism and he's drank and ate after me, I've kissed him too before i knew I had it. I wasn't having outbreaks to my knowledge. Last week was the cold sore...first one ever. Am I worried over nothing? I'm educated now in this and feel less dirty. I don't want to give this to anyone....

@AmyL

First - BREATHE - you are waaay over worrying about this. 80% of the population has HSV1 ... most in the "coldsore" variety. 60% of young people have it by the time they are young adults because they pass it among themselves or get it from a parent or Auntie or whatever who doesn't know they have it.

There is NO reason to feel dirty about a cold sore... 99% are acquired from very innocent contact with a carrier.

Now that you know you have it, you can take precautions..which are simply to not kidd your children during an OB and to become aware of your warnings that you have an OB coming on.

I didn't know about all this when my kids were young ... I knew I could pass it with an OB but that was it. And I never gave it to them. We shared plenty of drinks and food and kisses.

Love your child as you always have ... just don't kiss him during an OB ;)

(((HUGS)))