• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

oh sometimes you feel like a nut....

I'm still trying to understand the shedding part...please explain it better to this nut! When are we shedding and when can you tell your having an outbreak the only thing I have had to see it was a wicked cold sore YUCK went all over my mouth. Then I was reading about tingly itchy feeling and I have had that before like bad in Nov and one day much smaller itchy last month when the jerk got out of jail...i think my outbreaks are stress related...I am in the no BS mode too...can you tell I'm ADHD even in typing I wonder off...ok so I have probably had 2 outbreaks thinking back and in Sept I was sick with a cold so that is the right gestation period....arggggg I fell like an outcast now and am glad you all accepted me...

So here are the stats:

Here are the %s of the time herpes silently sheds the virus based on the HSV type and location (not to be confused with transmission rates).

HSV-2 genital 15-30%

HSV-1 genital 3-5%

HSV-1 oral 9-18%

HSV-2 oral 1%

Shedding occurs more frequently during the first 6-12 months of having herpes than it does subsequently due to building antibodies

Now, *which* days you are shedding are anyone's guess... that's why it's called ASYMPTOMATIC shedding ;) . An Outbreak is just shedding on overload...the body goes into major attack mode to knock the virus down and the blisters, pain, and lymph nodes swell ... some get cold/flu symptoms.

Many get Prodrome symptoms which are the tingling/itching/etc before the OB. Everyone is different in their symptoms and you will figure yours out over time. And some ONLY have prodrome symptoms... but it's definitely a sign that you need to abstain from skin to skin contact during that time.

And some never, ever have any symptoms ... and it's possible at any time to be shedding.

Now, you can use these symptoms to help you to regain control of your life. I understand you are angry and you have every right to those feelings. BUT, in the end you have to let it go ... if you want to regain control of your life, your mental health, and your Herpes, you need to work on forgiveness. Yes, your ex did horrid things... I can only image that it's at least in part, due to rage from his situation, likely compounded by mental health issues of his own. It must be horrid to be so tortured that you treat others as he did you. If you can get your divorce and court case behind you and move on as quickly as possible, then you stand a good chance of getting the herpes under control. In the meantime, it will be your guide when you need to start taking care of YOU....

(((HUGS)))

This was my sign to slow down to take care of Amy...I have had the Prodrome tingle...my whole freaking face tingled with the start of the meds I have had a huge tingle then a smaller one about 4 months later. I really didn't think about it. I've had kidney stones and it was kinda similar but it wasn't long and only a day or two the first time and like an hour the second time. I'm reading about the sun and shaving and I do both...never had anything happen. I just will be more careful. I'm scared about how my face felt still feels a lil weird but maybe that was the medicine. I know I had hallucinations which were scary but not anything bad I just thought I left the house and did do some walking around but nothing that would hurt me. I'm not having them now and the medicine works. I see a lot of people doing the natural thing and thats great. I know with my other problems the medicine is the right step for me. The side effect are worth the benefits that face tingle was outta here...wow thanks a lot I understand now wayyyy better I'm glad I came here and I will refer anyone I talk to here.

You may want to check in with whoever is prescribing your other meds and let them know about your reaction to the anti-virals and see if they have any insight about that ... there are several options for anti-virals ... although they are essentially the same drug, the way they activate is different and one might be a better option for you with the meds you are on