• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

A book about coping with herpes? Why, yes, I think that's a fabulous idea!

It's happening. I am officially writing a book about people living with herpes. Now, I'm a professional writer so that shouldn't be too surprising. It's not even surprising that the H Opp Forum is full of some amazing people who are sharing their stories with me and letting me include them in this project. I am so stoked that if you could feel my nipples right now you'd think I'd just scored Katy Perry's phone number!

Why is this important? Well, because the story needs to be told. And, two, well, I have a crush on Katy Perry. Seriously though, your story needs to be told. Your story is our story, and our story, well, there's someone out there who just got the news and needs to know that everything is going to be ok. Our story is a story for them to learn from and heal from; and I want us to tell it.

If you're interested in being part of the book, let me know. I'm looking for guys and gals who have made it to the end of the tunnel (or are close) and can inspire others to make that same journey. We've been guided along that journey by people like Adrial and Dancer, and now it's our chance to step up to the plate and do the same for others. Let's start changing the discussion together as a group.

A couple of notes:

If you're interested, send me a message here. I'll send you a questionnaire to get started. Further, I'm in the process of setting up an email/skype account just for this project, and I'll do that this weekend and give you the details. Right now, I have 15 people on board (including Dancer, Adrial, and myself), and I need 10 more.

Your name will not be included in the book if you don't want it to be. That's right, you get to pick a pseudonym. I'll even help you do that Mr. Jon NunyaBusiness.

Total time commitment from you: Less than 5 hours over the next 3 months.

Publishing Date: August

Hi,

yep i would be in too :) lets educate other people and make their live bit easier then it had been for us in that first period of time....time of shame, time of insecurities and time of beeing selfdistroying ( well at least for me ).good idea Darling.Will buy your book :)

Hello @HerryTheHerp!

I think your idea is amazing!!! I personally dont know if i can help as i need to get an accurate blood test done in a couple of months, but i know i would buy your book anyday, and do my part to bring it to canada bc especially!!!

Awesome!

Can i get a hell yaa???!!!

Hi Amy, Willow, Judith.

I'd love to include you all. I've just set-up the formal skype/email. Anyone who is interested, please send me a message at oldmainstreetpublishing@yahoo.com. When you do, please include your H Opp name so I know who it is that's contacting me. Once I have your email, I'll send you a questionnaire and we can get started.

Glad you're going to be a part of this! It's going to make a huge difference to a lot of people.

Inka, send me a message. I definitely want you to participate! It's so important that we get as many young woman involved as possible. That's one of the fastest growing demographics and I want them to be able to read your story!

Also, guys, if you're reading this, I'm short on the male perspective in the book. I have 3 right now, and I really need more guys who are willing to step up and join in. It's going to be anonymous in the book, so if you're doing ok with your H diagnosis and want to help others, now is your chance to do so.