• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Extremely nervous about herpes transmission

I was recently diagnosed with genital hsv-1, contracted through male-female oral sex. I am extremely anxious about passing the virus onto my current partner through female-to-male sexual intercourse. Every time we have sex, a small tear forms at the base of my vagina, where the primary infection occurred. I'm having trouble telling if the sore turns into a herpes outbreak, or if it is just a separate painful lesion. Regardless, I wait about a week until it heals, then we have sex again. I'm worried that, if it is a herpes-related sore, he is likely to catch the virus. I'm wondering, one: if it is likely that this tear could form into herpes and, two: what are the chances of transmitting genital hsv-1 if it is an active sore? I know that female-to-male genital hsv-1 transmission is rare, but how rare is this type of transmission if active sores are present? I'm worried that we'll never have a healthy sex life if I'm having outbreaks every time.

@MoPle

I get the same thing ... even now 35 years later ... it just seems to be a "weak spot" on me .... and it clears up in a couple days.... lots of lube helps a lot , and put an antibiotic cream on it right away to help it heal.

I always took precautions too when it happened ... but that was ok as it just gave us a good excuse to find other ways to play. given you have HSV1, as you said, transmission is pretty rare so I think as long as you are cautious you should be ok.

Are you on anti-virals? If you are that concerned you may want to go on them...

(((HUGS)))