• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Positive aspects of herpes

Hi - I just stumbled upon your blog when looking up the positive aspects to herpes and just wanted to tell you that I think your blog, your thoughts, and your message is amazing.

I was diagnosed a little over a month ago, and to be honest, compared to other people's negative reactions that lasted months or like in your case, even years, mine didn't last that long. I don't know why it didn't ... I guess I kind of forced myself to "wake up" and realize that I'm not the victim. The way I view it is that it came into my life for some reason, and the way I live my life now in dealing with it is the way things were meant to be for me.

There are days I do feel bad, like just a few moments ago which was why I was researching the positive light to herpes, and you just made me feel a lot better. Your blog is an amazing website to go to for positive reassurance and affirmation that everything really is going to be okay, if not great, and that it really isn't a big deal.

So I just wanted to say thank you for creating this website. It's such a beautiful thing you've done and I hope you know how many people you are reaching and affecting with this. Great job :)

Wow! I'm blown away, Daz! Thank you for taking the time to write this. Really has me feeling super good.

So only a month and everything's hunky dory, huh? ;) Awesome! Good for you for recognizing all of that. It really goes to show how each person has a completely different herpes healing process, doesn't it? It's mostly based on where we are in our heads. When we're ready to "wake up" and realize it's not the herpes that has the power to bring us down; it's us. And if we have the power to bring ourselves down, we have the power to lift ourselves back up, too. Definitely great point about the whole victim mentality. When we can forgive ourselves and move into being empowered about our lives, that's when the burden of herpes can wash away. And that's when we can live life to its fullest. Hurrah for that!

Come back as often as you'd like, Daz! We'd love to have you keep spreadin' that positivity around! :)

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources: