• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Herpes Vaccines

Thank you @Carlos

I've tried to say this already but you put it sooo well ....

Folks, I get it that you need hope of a "cure". But you have GOT to live your life RIGHT NOW ... If/When a cure or a better anti-viral comes, you bet it will be the talk of this site. But take it from a 35 year veteran...they've been talking about "cures" ever since I first got this thing. Carlos is right about the profit margins ... in tough times the first thing to be cut is the projects that won't make enough money, and this is one of them. Yes, they would sell tons, but (in their Big Pharma World) it wouldn't make *enough* profit to be worth them pushing these studies through at any speed. Don't believe me? Go read Joe Graedon's "The New People's Pharmacy .. Drug Breakthroughs of the 1980's" (1985) about the battles that the Microbiologist Gertrude Elions battle to get Viroptic (for Ocular Herpes) and Zovirax (Acyclovir) through the Burrows Welcome R&D folks ... never mind the FDA hoops.... and that was BEFORE HIV came along and took all the funds. About Viroptic, she says

"Time and time again I found myself having to defend the project to the R&D [Research and Development] and the marketing people as being something we should keep alive and keep progressing with. There is always the tendency in tight times to drop out of sight those projects that might not have the tendency to make a lot of money.... and I would say on four or five occasions [the project] came very close to being canned"

( I got lucky because a friend who knows my status saw this book and got it for me ... it's a great insight into drug development ... but even better was the story of the development of Zovirax... and it IS a fascinating read and explains a lot of the issues around trying to get Herpes drugs on the market)

We are in tight times again so while there ARE some hopeful-looking projects out there, these companies are not pushing them at anything like warp speed ... many have a 5-10 year timeline on them. In that time half of us could have been run over by a bus. So like Carlos said, get out and live your life. GET OFF GOOGLE ... all that time spent looking for another study or drug won't make any of these drugs get to the public any sooner.

Peace Out friends!

• 7 months later...