• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Successful disclosure, but feeling paranoid

So thanks to this site, I have come out the fearful space I was in back in December when I was diagnosed with HSV 1 genital, and have dated and now disclosed successfully twice :) The guy I am currently dating is quite a bit younger than I am, so knowing that this may only be casual dating and not have any future potential, I kept things at making out until I was sure that I could handle whatever his reaction was, and that I felt ready to move forward physically. When I disclosed he told me that he got cold sores all the time, and was okay that my cold sores showed up in another spot :)This was all great except now I am paranoid about every itch I have and am really worried that I might read my body wrong and do something with him when I am having an outbreak or shedding, ugg!!! I have to say too, that besides my first outbreak, I never have had a visible sore, and really just some bum itching, which I think I had occasionally before I got H, and doesn't seem to go away even on antivirals. Anyway, since he has HSV 1,how immune is he to getting it in another spot, and how much do hold myself back if I suspect anything? I don't want to take a chance with anyone's health and yet at the same time, I don't want to be stopping myself when I don't need to. I am really familiar with the stats but unclear if someone has the same thing if those stats change. I am not on suppressive currently either. Thanks, I appreciate all the support and positive energy on this site so much! It makes so much of a difference :)

@Sweetannie

Go YOU for getting out there and disclosing!!

since he has HSV 1,how immune is he to getting it in another spot, and how much do hold myself back if I suspect anything?

Well, as with most things "Herpes", there are no dried in stone numbers that we can give you. So much will depend on his personal immune system.

What I suggest is that if you feel something, you let him know and then he can be part of the decision-making process about how much you feel the risk is... and over time you will start to figure out what is most likely H and what isn't. But I personally just avoid "vanilla" sex with anything that I might be suspicious about, and find other ways to play instead. Most men will be just fiiiine the that ...LOL

http://herpeslife.com/keeping-your-partner-herpes-free-can-be-super-sexy/

(((HUGS)))