• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Fourth herpes outbreak and it's suddenly spreading?!

Hi,

I'm brand new here and I've been reading through discussions and learning a lot, but I don't know what to think about what I'm currently going through. I contracted HSV-2 about four months ago from my boyfriend whom I'm no longer with. I had the initial OB and then one the following month just before my period. The next month was the same an OB just before my period. The third month no OB. This month I had another OB just before I was supposed to start my period, which I never started. Each time I've had an OB it's been one sore in the same spot on the outside of my flower if you will. At the end of the healing of this last OB I then had two more sores pop up right next to the normal OB area, then two days later another sore on the inner lip on the opposite side. Four days later another sore has popped up in a different spot. I don't know what to think. Why is it suddenly spreading?! Why am I continuously breaking out?! I've been very careful to try and not spread it and I use tea tree oil, aloe Vera, I've been taking l-lysine, golden seal, propolis, echinacea, St. John's wort. I've learned what foods are high in arginine and to avoid. I just need some help understanding what's going on!

@Jasmine

Hello and welcome!

What you are experiencing is normal ... there's a chance when you first got it it gained entry to your body in all those places but it just didn't break out there, or it may have spread by virtue of the fact that all those areas are in close proximity of each other. It's also very normal to get OB's right before your period, exp while your body is learning to fight the virus. It takes at least 4 months, often closer to 6 or so to get enough antibodies to stop it from spreading.

If you can keep the area dry that will help a lot - try these hints to help your body to fight it by drying them up and helping the skin heal from the outside:

Go Commando as much as possible - getting air to the area can help to dry it out more quickly

Reduce stress as much as possible - Herpes feeds off stress!!! It can become a good barometer for you that your body needs attention in some form or other

Look up Trigger Foods/triggers on here in the FAQ and search bar - lots of topics on them ... the main foods are chocolate and nuts but you want to learn about the Lysine/Argenine balance that can help keep Herpes under control

Epsom Salts baths can do wonders for some. Sit in the bath and dump a few handfuls of the salts right between your legs. Relax and let the salts do their thing then get out and dry off, finishing with a blow drier set on low heat to really get the area dry.

These 4 things seem to do the most help for the most people. Aloe Vera CREAM (make sure ALOE is one of the first ingredients and there isn't a bunch of other crap like petroleum and if it has glycerine, it's AFTER the Aloe in the ingredients .. go to a Health food store for your best chance of getting a good product) or Zinc cream may help during the day to keep it from sticking and help relieve the pain ..

Also: Gold Bond Spray powder - right after exercising/hot showers/etc. Supposedly really cools the area ;)

(((HUGS)))

Well, not telling anyone isn't necessarily healthy .... and as someone who is totally out (well, 99% ... my 86 yr old father doesn't know but he has enough of his own problems :p ), I have to say it's very liberating ... as long as you have thick enough skin that *if* someone acts ugly when they find out, that you know it's about THEM and THEIR ignorance and you know that H just acted as your Wingman and helped you to get a toxic person out of your life ;)

These links may help you a bit - and check out the Success Story section too for disclosure ideas and uplifting stories. Not saying you should come completely out, but don't for heavens sake make this out to be such a horrid thing that you can't share it with those who you TRUST ;)

(((HUGS)))

http://www.upworthy.com/a-4-year-old-girl-asked-a-lesbian-if-shes-a-boy-she-responded-the-awesomest-way-possible Ash Beckhams Closet Ted Talk

http://herpeslife.com/herpes-forum/discussion/1754/im-out-of-the-herpes-closet (My Story)

http://herpeslife.com/using-herpes-as-your-wing-man/

http://herpeslife.com/herpes-forum/discussion/3309/successful-herpes-disclosure-but-not-for-the-reasons-you-might-think (Herpes Wingman example Mazedaze818 )

Kirsty Spraggon Ted Talk “You are only as Sick as Your Secrets