• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Just found out both of my PARENTS have herpes. I'm also having the most painful outbreak. Pls help

My mom just told me she got herpes from my dad (I know, disturbing) when they were in their 20s (they are now both 49 yrs old). My mom said she used to have outbreaks during the first year or so but hasn't had any in years. (She also says she didn't have an outbreak when she gave birth to me) Is it possible she gave me herpes?! I was under the impression I got it from one of my partners. I had my first outbreak at 23 years old (about 1 month ago I went to the gynec and found out). I've been getting tested constantly since I've been active since I was 18 and nothing ever came up on my tests. But then again I might have never been tested for herpes specifically before.

Is it possible that I've had it my whole life and confused it with ingrown hairs or painful "pimples" before?

My mom says she read somewhere that when herpes is transmitted to the baby, the baby is immediately born with an outbreak on both eyes. (Is this true?!) I would hate to transmit this to my future children, I'm not a mother yet. I just need to know how can I avoid transmitting this to my children in the future?

Also I'm having the most painful and biggest outbreak. I'm leaving the country for 10 days this Friday and I'm in so much pain when I walk or sit. I'm going to the doctor tomorrow. In addition I've been taking so many supplements including vitamins & applying natural things like coconut oil for almost a month now. My first outbreak wasn't painful and just a few days ago I thought it was almost fully gone, but now this. Does anyone have any suggestions or tips on how to manage pain?

@Dani_622

Well, what is so disturbing about your mother getting it from your father ... back then there was even less info on H and while the meds were available, they were not being used as much for suppressants.

I doubt very much you got genital herpes from your mother at birth. HSV in newborns is often fatal because they have no immune system ... but it's also very rare - mostly seen in women who actually acquire H during pregnancy because the mother also has no antibodies and may not know she has it to that the Dr could give her the anti-virals. What they usually do now is to give you Valtrex for the last month to keep you from having an OB and monitor you closely - if in doubt, they may suggest a Cesarean. I have 2 H- daughters ... one born naturally and the other by Csection because the Dr scared me into it (turns out I didn't need it :( )

It's highly likely you were not tested for H with your STD panel because most places won't do it unless you specifically ask for it... and most people don't know that :(

For the OB's, try the following:

Go Commando as much as possible - getting air to the area can help to dry it out more quickly

Reduce stress as much as possible - Herpes feeds off stress!!! It can become a good barometer for you that your body needs attention in some form or other

Look up Trigger Foods/triggers on here in the FAQ and search bar - lots of topics on them ... the main foods are chocolate and nuts but you want to learn about the Lysine/Argenine balance that can help keep Herpes under control

Epsom Salts baths can do wonders for some. Sit in the bath and dump a few handfuls of the salts right between your legs. Relax and let the salts do their thing then get out and dry off, finishing with a blow drier set on low heat to really get the area dry.

These 4 things seem to do the most help for the most people. Aloe Vera CREAM (make sure ALOE is one of the first ingredients and there isn't a bunch of other crap like petroleum and if it has glycerine, it's AFTER the Aloe in the ingredients .. go to a Health food store for your best chance of getting a good product) or Zinc cream may help during the day to keep it from sticking and help relieve the pain ..

Also: Gold Bond Spray powder - right after exercising/hot showers/etc. Supposedly really cools the area ;)

(((HUGS)))