• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

antibody count as time reference????

I was talking with a new H buddy in a local support group. She is a 5year vet who was also a nurse. She asked me out of curiosity what my results said. I told her it was for H2, 6.4 HIGH. she remarked that unless I have a really good immune system that I may have had H for years. I was assuming that I contracted it about mid sept last year as I got really sick then with a few bumps the doctor thought was a bacterial thing along with mono. so, do your antibodies just increase in general or do they reach a point of stasis and only go up during OBs? I had 2 bumps when I got the test . OR could I have had it for years ( dear god I don't want to talk with my ex wife from 6 years ago about this) and caught mono and it triggered it? the mono was pretty horrific, 103+ temp for 3 days 102 for another 3, a throat that wanted to kill me, aches pains. all the classic symptoms, esp the throat I didn't think living flesh could be that color. the Doc took 1 look and said, damn that's some mono you got! I also developed bells palsy from it, which cleared up quickly except I cant taste certain foods correctly anymore. Oh and they gave me antivirals for the bells but not the mono, figure that one out???

I'm not sure to be honest - a lot may have to do where you are in your cycle of shedding and OB's too.

In the end, there's no use in overstressing about where you got it... It's done. it's in the past. If you got it right after a sexual encounter, odds are that's where you got it. Otherwise it's anyones guess :/