• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Pain, still?? -- My night time routine :)

So I'm going through my first OB, yes it is probably (hopefully) going to be the worst one I'm going to have, but I am in so much PAIN!

I went to the doctor for a checkup with my primary Nurse Practitioner (we are close), and I like to keep her "in the know". She prescribed me some topical Lidocaine gel, like the kind they numb your mouth for certain dental procedures. I've tried to develop a mini routine with that and all the other advise I found through (h)opportunity ... But I must be doing something wrong because it feels like: 1. I just gave birth and 2. Pins and needles every time I walk. I try and joke with myself and say "OK Allison, you did good sweeping the floor now let's go prop that vagina up and take a rest"... I feel it's like propping my feet up after a long day.

So far I am unable to soak in sea salt bath because I don't have a bath. I tried pouring warm water with salt in it as a rinse and that just burned WAY TOO MUCH! But I have found that the Tea Tree Oil is helping disinfect and dry out a bit :)

Last night was the first night I used Desitin (diaper rash cream) and I went to bed feeling so good. I could even sleep with (sorry if this is TMI) my legs closed for the first time!! My routine is as followed:

- Regular nightime shower, wash my bod with reg soup and sponge first. Wash affected area with very soft baby cloth and baby soap. Patting, not scrubbing. OUCH. And rinse.

- Pat Dry, blow dry on low and in cool air until dry.

- With a Qtip apply Tea Tree Oil to all spots, allow to dry

- Apply Desitin to all spots EXCEPT FOR ANY OPEN AREAS because Desitin has zinc in it and that can really hurt.

- on any extra areas, that I anticipated it hurting at night I applied a bit of Lidocaine. And I wasn't tossing and turing all night!!

Does anyone suggest anything else that might help? Has anyone else used Desitin? If so do you use it during the day?

I tried pouring warm water with salt in it as a rinse and that just burned WAY TOO MUCH!

Next time try less salt until it starts to heal ;)

The Desitin does help some but it keeps the area moist so I'm on the fence about how much it helps in the longer run ... but if it's helping you to sleep, that's worthwhile too. Perhaps wash it off during the daytime and dry the area well ...

I know the salt hurts ... I used to use Ammonium Alum which is an astringent (you can find it here: http://tinyurl.com/pmosahc ) but I do warn it stings like a mofo - but that's because it's working (be prepared to DANCE if you have an open sore!) because it's disinfecting and drying the area out.

((HUGS)))