• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

My Herpes Story

JC81

I had a positive test for a UTI, which made me feel as though I was living in hell. The first round of medication didn't work, so I had to get different medication at a higher dose. In the middle of treatment, I started to get discharge and a feeling of a rash. I thought maybe my toilet paper was irritating my skin and thought nothing about it. A day went by and I decided to take a look at this painful area. I found a sore, which I thought was a cut. I even told my boyfriend about this and we still had sexual intercourse. I kept complaining about this sore and I finally saw that it seemed to be a blister. I was freaked out and told my boyfriend and went to Planned Parenthood the next day. I had a culture done and my boyfriend told me that whatever it was, he wasn't going to abandon me. He was positive about the situation. On November 12, 2012, Planned Parenthood called me and told me about the results of being positive for HSV-2. I only had one sore that hardly hurt, except for when the bubble popped and I was throbbing two nights before all this. Besides having the UTI, I think the primary outbreak would have been a piece of cake. The UTI made my life a miserable hell because I had it for so long. I'm just hoping a second outbreak won't create another UTI.

Yesterday, I told my boyfriend right after I found out the results. I was crying on the phone with him because I wanted to tell him in person, but he made me tell him on the phone. He had more of a positive attitude than me. He told me, "You are not in the hospital dying....you are not in a coma.... you will live." He told me to come over tomorrow so he could make me happy again. He even said that he didn't care if he got HSV-2 from me. I didn't tell him, but I really think I got HSV-2 from him. I know we both have a past, but our first sexual encounter was Sept. 8...and I just got an outbreak? It just sounds fishy to me. He has always told me that anyone could of had it, which is true. Regardless, I don't want to point fingersu, but if he had this, I would of hoped he could have told me. I really really trust him and I believe now that he really thinks he doesn't have the virus. I told him to just get the blood test and see what happens.

Since I have been diagnosed with this virus, I've been feeling alone. I know my mom understands and is here for me, but I'm so alone with my symptoms. I have swollen glands on my throat and sometimes still nauseous throughout the day. I've been feeling very tired lately as well. I don't want to keep telling my boyfriend how I feel cause I think I'm becoming annoying with not feeling good everyday. I don't want to appear as though I'm negative. I'm trying to stay positive and overcome my new lifestyle. I decided not to tell any of my close friends, except a few close internet friends that I've knows for over 10 years. My mother and boyfriend knows only. I don't think the entire world needs to know about this and it's none of their business. Anyways, was this a typical primary breakout of genital herpes for women? Thanks for reading!

If you and your boyfriend really do have this great connection, don't worry, you probably don't need to be suspicious of him. Even if he did give it to you, it's possible he didn't know he had it. Also, it's possible that his test could come back positive because you gave it to him after several months together. It can be really tricky figuring out who gave it to who, where it came from, and how long you've had it. I hear some people have it for years and never even know it. You may never know who you got it from.

I've also heard all kinds of different stories about what a first herpes breakout is like, as far as I can tell, there's no norm. It'd be so much nicer if it could at least come with a manual telling us exactly what to expect and when, but no such luck.

But just hang in there, breathe, it will get better. You'll feel normal again before you know it. You aren't alone. You have a great guy who clearly isn't bothered by this and still wants to be with you as well as the many other people who have this virus. It's really very common. So don't worry, you'll be okay, and life will continue!

Also, I don't know where I got the HSV-2 from. I've been with 7 partners in the past with a 4 year gap.....then I have a new one and everything started to happen. I told him it could be him giving it to me... I think he's in denial about it cause everyone he's been with never had anything. I told him today that he thinks genital herpes is no big deal until he goes through his first outbreak LOL.... He still has a good attitude about it. Guess he really likes me.