• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Telling people I have herpes

There needs to be more videos on YouTube like the one you did on the herpes talk. It's very helpful. If people knew that the physical effects were not as bad as they think they are it wouldn't be such a taboo subject. But you're right, it all starts out with how you tell people. I've found it easier when I began telling people I worked with. At first I thought "Well I really don't give a crap. I'm just gonna be like yeah.. I have it, actually a lot of people have it and don't know about it. Most people don't have many break outs."

I totally agree, graphicdesign22! There's plenty that we communicate "under the surface" when we talk about having herpes. And the more we are aware of those things we believe just under the surface, the better we can communicate who we truly are instead of communicating our fears and doubts. Thanks for adding your voice to this discussion!

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources: