• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

HSV2 Conversion Time

Hello,

I have a very interesting story that is a bit confusing to me, which is why I'm seeking a bit of clarification. Last month on August 7, 2014 around 1PM I received unprotected oral sex from a sex worker. I did not do anything else besides receive a blowjob for around 5 minutes and then leave. A few hours later I noticed a visible size red bump on the circumcision line of my penis and two small bumps on the side. They did not have a white head to them, and they did not hurt (It took a few weeks before they went away). I immediately panicked and on August 8, 2014 I went to the local STD clinic to get tested for a STD panel including Herpes, and they said I came back positive for HSV2 with IGG levels at a 4.11. Could I have seroconverted from negative to positive in one day? I've only had one other partner in my entire life, and had her go get tested. Her test came back negative (could this possibly be a false negative?). To ensure my test was a true positive, 42 day after exposure on September 18, 2014, I had a Biokit Rapid HSV2 test done and it re-confirmed the positive result. Also, I ordered a Western Blot to be performed through the University of Washington. Any comments will be truly thankful.

Hi there, txguy23,

All of what you are confused about and have questions about are exactly where my confusion and questions arise. There's no way for your antibodies to jump up to those levels within 24 hours of initial exposure. And if you were with only one other partner, then it would seem that she would have been the one who gave it to you. I would have your partner also get a Western Blot.

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources: