• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

I Found out a week ago I have herpes

Hi,

My name is Brittany. I found this site researching for stories of people living with the herpes virus. This pas Friday I was diagnosed with herpes simplex 2. Being someone who prides herself in staying healthy I'm very distraught with all of this. My on and off again boyfriend for a year (who gave this to me) left me two days ago after confronting him about this virus a week ago. He swears up and down he was tested a year ago before me and has not been with anyone else... As i have not either. I was told by my doctor that this virus can lay dormant in a man for years and in a woman it will show up a week to ten days later. I was also informed that the Herpes Virus may not be included in the normal STD testing. Does anyone know why this is?? If this is one of the most common STDs in The US this makes

no sense to me whatsoever.

I am feeling very alone through all of this and I am now heartbroken that the man I thought would be by my side through anything leaves me at the worst possible time (after giving me this.) I could use some friends through all of this and I would love to hear stories of others who have been through this too.

I am so sad and I feel so gross and dirty. I don't feel I will be desirable ever again. I don't even want to be close to anyone but my ex partner. I am ashamed and devastated. I don't know how to get through this.

Brittany