• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Herpes Guidance

Hey

I;ve had genital herpes for some time now. Thankfully everyone told I have so far has been fine with it, and it hasn’t really change my life in a negative way.

However you one thing that bother is paranoia of passing it on untentionally to other people through casual contact.

Like for example when take a piss in urinal and say my dick touches the outside of the grotch parts of my jeans, and then I think to myself that I could be shedding the virus and lets say a part of my elbow touches that grotch part of the outside of the jeans [then for whatever reason I touch with a part of my arm , then it’s on that part of my arm and from there I could transfer it to a table, and from there someone could touch that table with their and from their touch and infect other parts of there body.

Now I think of a few scenarios like this day such as when I have shave or clean my teeth what happens and I get hair on my hands or abit of toothpaste on my hand, I will have to wipe it away with wipes instead of washing it away with water, or if I change my boxers and lets I stand on the inside of them with my when there on the floor then I put a new pain on my foot touch lets say the outside of the top of them which can sometimes touch the back of seats if you lean forward then lean back and from well you get the picture.

I mean I know the herpes virus can survive can for abit [i’m fully educated on the facts herpes and all the other stuff you need] but the chances of any of things having herpes on them, and from going to a object to a place where they can infect another person is extremely low, but still it’s possible and I think that’s what concerns me, I’m sure if I just told myself to stop it then I would, but I’m sure It’s due to not wanting to unentionally give to someone. Intresnginly , I’m okay and don’t have this paranoia with women I have sex with potentially getting it from me, once they understand and accept the risk that it’s possible, I assume this has do with fact that there knowingly taking that risk and are okay with it, so I believe what why this bothering is simply unintentionally passing to a person who well isnt aware of it, but I suppose people take all kinds of very small percentage risk all the time so I shouldn’t be so paranoid about as the chances of happening are less than 1 percent I think.

I mean obviously I do all I can to prevent the spread of it, but I guess I'm having trouble defining to myself what is a reasonable thing to do, as well I think it;s reasonable to wear condoms, , wipe toilet seat down after use, dont share towels etc all that stuff. But does this mean It is reasonable for me like wipe the back of my boxers for example with wipes if the above example happens. That is what I am struggling to define in situation like that what is the reasonable/moral thing to do to stop the spread of herpes, or is it me just being to over the top [with the above examples].

I mean I could still live with this and be fine as it only bother id say about 10 minutes day id just rather it not be there.

Any advice would be appreciated.

@smith3215

Hello and Welcome!

Friend ... you are WAAAAY overthinking this!

So you know the facts for passing with sex - SUSTAINED skin to skin contact/rubbing Male-female starts at 5% risk. Now, imagine the scenarios you mention. Your penis lightly touches the outside of your zipper. You stand on your boxers. Yada Yada Yada.

1) In the scenario where sex is involved, the skin to skin rubbing, the moisture of body fluids, and the heat provides the optimal environment for the virus to live long enough to pass it on to another.

2) The scenarios you mention are very short term contact to a dry and/or cool and/or soapy object ... all of which are toxic to the virus.

If Herpes was THAT contagious we would ALL have it! LOL

http://supporttruthanddialog.com/toilets-towels-and-touching-oh-my/

(((HUGS)))

I just lol'd because I dream up these exact scenarios in my head all the time thinking i'm going to spread it. I even worry my dog has herpes on it's hair from lying in our bed and I won't let anyone touch him besides my family. The response from wcsdancer makes a lot of sense and I'm starting to draw comfort from these posts. Thanks!

everyone goes thru this at some point. the virus has a hard time outside the body and unless direct contact is made with a sore its almost impossible to TRANSMIT. I like to think about it being transmittable not contagious. contagious sounds like the flu, achoo now you have herpes. Transmittable means it takes a wee bit more to get.

However, I still do a couple of things solely for MY piece of mind ( even though they are not needed). I always spray down my toilet seat with peroxide, let sit then wipe it up. (never had a known OB on the booty but a clean toilet seat isn't a bad thing). I use a washcloth to dry my private area, OB or not. I wash my hands when concerned ( but not so much as to dry and crack them, that could cause issues) and I always scratch anything in the boxer area thru my clothes. as to dirty clothes, take em off and toss em in the hamper, then wash your hands, cause they are dirty in general not because you have herpes. also I treat any sore/bump in the area like it could be herpes as SOP.

@ forgivnessandpeace yes washing our hands is good but being neurotic about it can be bad. our palms have a substance, i believe its keratin that is wax like. it helps protect our hands as entry points for nastiess, too much washing and they get dried out and crack thereby opening us up to infection. we don't get the flu cause it gets on our hands, we get the flu cause it gets on our hands and we pick our noses. ( everyone does it, even chicks who wear sexy shoes)