• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Heartbroken

FLNewH

Hey there!

I found out that I had H back in October after being with my boyfriend, who also tested positive, for nearly 11 months. I felt guilty that I could have given it to him since neither of us had experienced any symptoms prior to me having sex with new people when we had broken up. I lost my virginity to him and hadn't experienced any symptoms then, so I had to have gotten it from someone else and then given it to him right? Wrong! That's the tricky thing about H - it's entirely possible he gave it to me back in June-October 2013, I had sex with other people (one of whom tested negative; idk about the other person), and I didn't have my first outbreak until October 2014. My point is that it's impossible to know who gave it to whom, and feeling guilty about it just isn't productive (or healthy) at all, especially when neither of us had any clue that H wasn't included in our regular screenings.