• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

when your feeling down

So, this has helped me in the past and I realized that It will occur tonight. I will be going to a friends house till late, after midnight. on my way home I will pass thru less than stellar areas. I have found in my life that driving through these places and looking, actually seeing the people who are on the street at 12, 1 or 2 am can be a real eye opener. a real, ' well maybe my life isn't so bad" moment. I know a lot of these people have had bad luck, made bad choices or are just trying to get by. ( they all cant be walking home from the second shift at the house of pancakes). that being said, ive had more than a few " there but for the grace of god " moments. I have a family who cares and would never let me be homeless nor hungry, I have friends who care. I have a job that lets me pay my bills and have some fun. I can afford good hygiene, all the accoutrements of having herpes: tea tree oil, peroxide, antivirals, etc. im not an addict ( except to the ladies on h opp) I can sleep in a bed tonight with heat or air conditioning as needed. I have a cupboard full of food (some even healthy!) . a 12 pack of blue moon in the fridge for sunday ( not the whole thing, jesh). etc.

seeing other people who, for whatever reasons are in a very bad place, who could be me if a few things didn't go my way can be helpful in putting a few blisters and back discomfort and gasp, having to hold off on sex a month a year into perspective.