• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

a win

howdy all. I know I haven't been around as much. been livin life and not thinking about herpes hardly at all. mainly in the self check up, did I wash my hands way not the "my worlds ended" way I was 3 plus months ago.

well one of my big concerns was the link between HSV and HIV, its not just about the sores but apparently some sort of magnet cells also. one of the first bits of info I came upon after my diagnosis was this. well I remembered a woman I had met, was intimate with and found out after the fact had used IV drugs. I was ballistic with her, quite possibly the closest I have ever come to being violent with a women ( no I didn't but dammit I wanted to). If I knew I wouldn't have been with her. well I did my HIV test the day of my diagnosis and it was negative. However, there is a 3 month latency with the rapid test I took and she fell in that time frame. fast forward 3 months since last test and no partners ( ive gotten to know myself pretty well recently) and the follow up was a big fat negativarino!!! yay!!

big ass weight off my shoulders. also, a hell of a perspective builder where herpes is concerned cause you know what??? I CAN LIVE WITH HERPES!! ( I know HIV isn't quite the death sentence it once was but im older, no insurance and not a celebrity like magic Johnson) I get to see my kid grow up, maybe live to see my grandchildren ( im an older dad), maybe see humans living on another planet, or our extinction from our hubris ( more likely).

so there are far worse fates than getting a few itchy bumps on yer fun spot every so often, hell probably less often than those ingrown hairs from shaving.