• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Recently found out Hs2+ have many questions

I just found out 2 days ago that I was positive for HS2. My BF of almost 5 yrs and I separated a few months back and both started dating other people. The person I was with told me that he has never tested positive but his ex wife did 14 years ago. I believe that he is lying about not having it. Like other discussions on here, I've read some people don't have OB. Well I haven't had any symptoms and no OBs. My ex and I are trying to work out our relationship and have had unprotected sex a few times before my blood results came back. I was examined and a scrap was taken before the blood test and it was NOT H. Now my brain is in overdrive wondering if I have had it longer. I remembered having a bad rash after we first started dating thinking it was a yeast infection..my Dr treated me for that without and exam. And then once when my BF and I were on a trip he had a bad rash breakout all around his groin after getting out of a hot tub. He didn't go to the doctor and it was gone in about a week. This is really making me crazy thinking we both may have had it and didn't know it. He hasn't been tested yet to see if he does. I also had a hysterectomy 2 years ago and not sure if my Dr did any blood work for STDs, ,.And if there are any other females on here that have had a hhysterectomy and Hs2, I attributed burning or hurting due to dryness from the lack of hormones. I've been through some many stages of grief the last 2 week's and thought of every scenario to inflict pain on the one I believe gave it to me.

@41grey

Hello and Welcome!

Well, odds are you may never know who gave it to who if you have had it awhile. But tell me, what were the criteria of the results?

Many Dr's will tell you you are H+ with a result above 1.1 ... but anything between 1.1 and 3.5 has a 40% chance of a false positive. So if your numbers are in that range and you have never had symptoms, I would get a Western Blot test .. you have to go through Westover Heights ... they do a phone consult and mail you the test. It's the Gold Standard of testing so you can count on the results.

Dr. Lisa Taulbee at the Westover Heights Clinic,http://westoverheights.com/ (503) 226-6678 ... she can order the test for you through Quest Labs. It costs $5/minute for a consult … cheap IMO for clarity and/or peace of mind.

The person I was with told me that he has never tested positive but his ex wife did 14 years ago.

Well, if he just asked for "everything" in his testing he may think he was tested and may never have been tested... happens all the time :(

Be gentle with yourself - it's very normal to go through all the stages of grief with diagnosis ... AND, your life is FAR from over ... I've had it 35 yrs and my life has been juuust fine :)

Make sure to check out the handouts and video that Adrial has provided.....

Handouts + disclosure e-book:

http://eepurl.com/b4IPP

Herpes facts video