• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Question re Intimacy

Hi everyone. Hopefully this is not too much info but I have some questions. I was recently diagnosed with hsv2 in August after initially contracting it from a partner that didn't know he had it. Last night I had a very intense make out session with someone I'm interested in. There was no sex, of any kind, and I did not allow him to touch me beyond lightly in the upper pelvic area and thighs. Then I moved his hands away. It led to sleeping naked next to each other and a lot of touching above the waist, but nothing beyond that.

About a week ago I had mild prodrome but doubled up on the antivirals. Felt absolutely fine for the past few days. Not feeling great today though. But likely due to drinking heavily (bad, I know). Im freaking out a bit today. I hope to see him again and will be avoiding situations that end without clothing until appropriate (meaning I disclose). Was this risky? I feel shitty asking this now. And know that had I not been drinking I wouldn't have allowed it to get that far. Ugh. Because sex was so easy to navigate before this .....