• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Burning after sex - is it herpes?

Does H usually cause burning after sex? I suspect I may be allergic to my boyfriend's semen, but I wanted to rule out H before I ask my doctor about it. The burning starts within a minute or two max and can last anywhere from a few minutes to hours. Showering makes it a little better. Obviously, none of you can diagnose me, but I was wondering if this was common with H. It's the worst when my boyfriend finishes inside me (don't worry - I take my birth control religiously lol), which is what makes me suspect an allergy. There's not much burning if he pulls out/uses condoms. Plus, I've only experienced this with him, but I don't know who I got H from or when, so that may not be relevant. Extra lube doesn't make that much of a difference, so I don't think it's much of a friction thing.

On the plus side, we finally had sex without me giving a detailed status report about suspicious bumps and I didn't even think about having H for once :D

I don't have any information that would help in this instance, because I've only had h for a couple months but I just wanted to say congrats on the sex without h interruption! I'm hoping to get there someday sooner than later! :)

One thought actually; how long have you and your boyfriend been having sex? Because I have had sexual partners with whom my pH had gotten thrown off and I would sometimes experience some discomfort after unprotected sex. It just took a while for our systems to get in sync and work together. But then again it never lasted as long as hours...sorry I'm not much help!

@MalicePalace

Thank you :P You'll get there, too, in your own time!

I lost my virginity to him in June 2013. We dated until October and broke up. I experienced burning during this time as well. I had sex with other people while we were broken up without any burning that I can recall. I did have some burning after I was raped, which I (and my doctor) believe was an allergic reaction to the latex condom. It felt very similar to the kind of burn that I feel after sex with my boyfriend, just not as intense. My boyfriend and I got back together in December 2013, and I experienced the burning once again.

It's possible that he's causing abrasions because he's on the large side. It stings/burns a bit during penetration if we haven't had sex in a while, so perhaps that's the culprit and the semen just irritates it. However, even when it doesn't hurt during penetration and sex isn't rough, it still burns :( sooo idk

If you had the burning in the past odds are that is it ... tho the Herpes may be making the area a little bit more sensitive. Sounds like you have a combination problem of size/no sex for awhile/possible sensitivity to semen/and possible sensitivity due to H :/

But it might not be a bad thing to check in with the Dr. Maybe ask about douching after to clean the semen out and settle the PH balance/soothe the area.