• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Another herpes whitlow thread

I've had HSV-2 (FINALLY went and had a type-specific test done lol) for at least 3.5 months. About an hour after sex, two of my fingers started tingling and aching - the ones that would be most likely exposed during clitoral stimulation. I don't believe I've ever had sores up by my clitoris, and I'm probably just being paranoid. The tips of my fingers do tingle occasionally because I don't have much feeling in them. I'm more concerned about the aching, but I doubt that symptoms would start within an hour, especially when I've had H for a few months.

I should mention that I may have been exposed to MRSA on my hands/fingers (one of my residents has it and dug her fingernails into my skin, breaking the skin/taking a small chunk out of my finger, no where close enough to be exposed to a potential sore, but that's another story lol), so I'm being treated for that. If I was infected with MRSA, that would explain the aching.

So what are the odds that I have autoinoculated/will eventually autoinoculate my fingers? I don't really masturbate and when I do, I usually have a square of tissue or something in between my skin to be on the safe side for now. I dont do that during sex obviously, but I have a relatively low sex drive, so it would only be a couple exposures a month (my poor boyfriend :( )