• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Tested positive for herpes, but now I'm not?

I had a small outbreak happen four days after I was with someone who has hsv 1 and may of had a coldsore coming on. I decided I would go to planned parenthood and get a culture done...the culture came back positive. I asked her for what type and they don't type them there. She told me they "assume it's type 2" anyways I waited until feb to get a blood test done to see if I would just come back positive type 1 or 2. And it came back negative for both. She said they tested for recent and past exposure. Before October I wasn't with anyone since maybe early July. And we had sex once. If I had the type 2 would it of shown on my results? How can I get a definitive diagnosis? Maybe I should of waited longer to get the blood test done?? Any suggestions on what I should do? I haven't had an outbreak since I know I must have at least type 1 I'm just confused here :/

I suggest that you contact Westover Heights clinic. For one, it sounds like the people at your PP don't know what they are talking about ("assume it's type 2...??? WTF??? 50% of all genital cases are type 1 ... so to say that is idiotic and noone who knows their herpes stuff would test for "recent exposre" because that test is notoriously unreliable :/ )

By now you should have enough antibodies... so you may want to do the Western Blot through them ... they charge $5/min for the consult and someone said the test is $200, but it tests for 14 proteins (the regular blood test looks for just 1) so you should get a definite result back from that one ...

Westover Heights Clinic,http://westoverheights.com/ (503) 226-6678 .