• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

flonase OTC: Will it lower immune system and affect acyclovir, herpes outbreaks?

Ok. So here in central florida we went from winter to early summer in about 3 days. Every plant and tree is sipping wine while playing marvin gaye with the lights down low. Needless to say my sinuses are very unhappy at the moment. Ive used flonase years ago, pre H. Its now otc (at 1/9 the rx cost no less) and i was wondering about uding it. My concerns would be thst its a steroid and those can lower immune response. However would it be considered topical as its sprayed into honker? And any interaction w acyclovir. The latter ill look up later as im on phone at lunch.

ok, so reading this at home and its almost like I was a few beers in when I wrote it, thanks fat thumb syndrome. my concern here is that this allergy med is a type of steroid and I know that steroids can suppress the immune system. now given that its "breathed" into the sinus passage would it be considered topical instead of ingested?? IE would it have less affect on the immune system?